Monday, October 30, 2006

Robbie Video - In the can!

A more expansive blog to follow, but the big news is that we did it. The Robbie Williams music video for "The 80s" was shot in the early hours of Saturday morning on location in Limehouse London. I had quite an ambitious (and lengthy) shot list I wanted to get while the public location was still deserted. Thanks to sterling work from Simon Aitken and Graham Williams (no relation to Robbie) on cameras A & B, Sick Puppy Steve on music playback and production, Ania Gastol on Make up, and our stars Ashvin-Kumar Joshi and Laura Metcalfe; we were able to complete the shoot in a highly efficient two hours and thirty minutes. That breaks down as: one hour shooting, followed by a half hour costume and Make up change/crew break, followed by a final one hour of shooting.

Thanks also to our kind and generous hosts Keith and Loretta (and Logan), who let use their house as a production base - I hope we didn't disturb you too much.

I'm very tired now - but I have already completed the first rough edit of the music video. The speed FX I had in mind have worked very well, but there's still a lot of tweaking to be done. I just hope Rob is able to work his magic in the grade as some of the shots need a little help...

Behind the scenes pics to follow soon-ish.

No comments: